Thursday, January 29, 2009

Buenos Aires - Asado en Benavidez




A couple of days before leaving Argentina, we got into an asado freenzy. We needed to have as much grilled beef as we could before leaving the country.


We enjoyed a fantastic one in Olivos on Tuesday night, and then we ventured even further away from Buenos Aires. We went to a NW suburb called Benavidez. It is a little far, in fact, I thought there weren't many houses that far. As it happens, it is a very developed area now. Buenos Aires has grown so much in the last 10 years...
The host and asador was a university classmate (from long time ago): Ezequiel. We were joined by a couple of other classmates: Caro and Ceci, and respective significant others.
So much I wanted to schedule these asados, that I didn't realize that I booked them both for the same night, Tuesday. Thankfully Eze, Caro and Ceci were flexible enough to move the asado to a day later on short notice (so short that on Tueday evening they were alredy waiting for me to pick me up, and I was on my way to the other grill). Oooops. So we gathered on Wednesday night. Ezequiel picked us up and gave us a city tour on the way to his place. He had everything ready for the night, the cuts of meat I like the most, appetizers, vegetables for the salad, wine, and drinks (including Fernando, I can't forget to mention this, a beverage that reminds me of happy times when I was young. Even a longer time ago).
The pictures show the asado and the carnivores: Ceci, baby Fede, Simon, me, Eze, Fatima, Adri, and Caro. By 12:30am a car picked us up to take us to the airport. We had a flight to Brazil at 4am. We arrived in Florianopolis before 7am, without much sleep. My mom, aunts, and uncle were waiting for us with breakfast. And then the sun came up and we spent the afternoon at the beach. Quite busy and filled with Argentineans... but, without their beef.
I already miss the asados....
Mercedes

No comments: