Sunday, October 26, 2008

Vientiane by bike




Sunday we rented bikes (I love discovering places by bike) and rode around Vientiane. It is a fairly small and laid back city. It was hot, but not too strenuous due to periodic stops for fresh fruit shakes. I think that in one day we've managed to see the main attractions in town.


In the picture you can see Pha That Luang behind us, which they say, is the best known national symbol.


French influence is more obvious in this city. They have an "Arc de Triomphe" called Patuxi, and a long boulevard that looks like "Champs Elysees" connecting it to the Presidential Palace. Very impressive.


Tomorrow Monday we are taking a Lao Airlines 1-hour flight to Hanoi, so this is our last night in Laos. We had such a great time in this country, I'm sad to go.

Mercedes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mercedes and Simon, great to read your stories!! Seems as if you are having a great time despite the rain... I am taking good care of your bike, though only managed to use it twice since you left. Not much free time over here....
Un beso,
Ines