Thursday, November 6, 2008
Ho Chi Minh City - Kindle scare
Today Friday we are saying goodbye to Saigon. Everything ok. Unlike yesterday, when I almost had a panic attack. My Kindle, the electronic book that has been my loyal companion all these weeks, decided to stop working. Blank. Turned on, off, took battery out, in, recharged, hit reset, turned on, off. Still blank. Panic! I was well into the electronic reading of the Life of Pi, which I was eager to continue, and had only a small paper book as plan B for the several bus and boat hours ahead of us. We rushed to buy paper books, figuring that Saigon should have more English language books than any place in Cambodia, where we are going next. After buying a few from a seemingly respectable bookstore (refused to buy book photocopies sold by street vendors), called Amazon help desk, and magic: Kindle is mysteriously working again. My life back to normal; and I'll be able to keep reading about Pi's. Pheeew.
Mercedes
Mercedes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment